Steam Workshop and Official Mod Tools for Half-Life: Alyx
There is already a mod that made Half-Life: Alyx playable without VR, but so far these mods for the game were not created by official tools from Valve. That will change from now on. Valve added Steam Workshop support to Half-Life: Alyx and released a set of modding tools to work with. The update also adds native Linux support for Alyx using the Vulkan API.
Here's what's included in the editor tools suite:
- Hammer, the latest version of the Source 2 level editor.
- Material Editor, the tool for creating and tuning materials in Source 2.
- ModelDoc, a tool for viewing, editing, and compiling models with animation, collision, and other gameplay attributes.
- AnimGraph, our animation tool used to create complicated animation setups with blends and transitions.
- Particle Editor, for making new particle effects.
- Subrect Editor, for creating smart texture sheets known as "hotspots."
- Source Filmmaker, the Source 2 cinematic renderer and animation tool.
Modders can use these tools to mess around with various bits of Half-Life: Alyx
"Want to make your own VR physics sandbox or a giant Rube Goldberg machine? Design a new combat encounter featuring a dozen Combine soldiers at once? What about creating the world's longest Multitool puzzle, or imagining a whole new district of City 17? Crack open the tools yourself and make it happen!"
The tools are currently in beta, and Valve will update them "in the coming weeks". You can find what is this all about in Workshop page.
Have nice modding!
This is going to be a game-changer I think.
Игра не стоит таких денег слишком уж завышена
This seems awesome!!
Ahhh it makes me so happy. Already played so many great maps and am making one myself currently. Can't wait till people crack the scripting and start making custom weapons.