You may either have a bad installation or a corrupt video system file. If so, you only need to do a full clean up uninstall on my AMD graphics card.
Here are steps for future references:
1. Uninstall AMD drivers from Uninstall Wizard (not from Device Manger)
2. Download Driver Fusion, and select Delete on AMD.
3. Restart the PC. Go to Acer official website, and download the newest VGA driver.
Hi ! I desperately need your help !
I've got an issue with my laptop Alienware M17xR3 A09, Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.20 GHz, RAM 8Go, OS Windows 7 SP1 64bits.
Since I've reinstalled my OS, I've got persistant issue with my graphic card. It's an AMD Radeon HD 6900M which make an error code 43 ("Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems") again and again in the Device Manager.
After a lot of OS reinstallations, the best I can have is my AMD card is visible in my device manager but I still have the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark inside and this damn error code 43 in description.
Before I post here, I tried a lot of things :
- I've updated all the drivers, with the Alienware resources CD, Dell's website and the french website "maconfig.com" for the missing drivers. I don't have any other issue in the Device Manager.
- I've installed the last driver version for the graphic card (june 2015). By the way, the initial driver in the Alienware resources CD (2011) and the driver on the Dell's website (2013) crash totally windows when I reboot the laptop. I can't reboot in normal mode (only in safe mode). I have no other (vanilla ^^) option than reinstall my OS. (that explains the lot of recent OS reinstallations !)
- I've done reboots... a lot !
- I've updated Windows
- I've checked (and corrected) the register errors with CCleaner
- I've uninstalled/reinstalled the graphic card
- I've uninstalled/reinstalled the AMD Catalyst Control Center, and all its drivers and softwares.
- I've done a total scan with "maconfig.com". It tells me that the AMD driver is updated but doesn't run correctly. All the other drivers are ok.
- I've tried the quick test, for video card, for common hardware problems on Dell's website. On the french website version, the test can't end because, for it, the graphic card doesn't exist. On the US website version, the test runs and ends ok, no error is detected.
- I've done the scan of my PC with Catalyst Control Center. It detects and identifies well my AMD graphics.
- I've spent two days on forums (official or not) but I can't find a concluding solution. I've installed/tried differents diagnostics tools, installs, uninstalls... Nothing is working :'(
I don't know what to do to make Windows stop blocking my graphics. I'm not a computer expert and I tried nothing in the BIOS, because I was too scared to do something irreversible. If you have new ideas, a bit of patience to take the time to answer me, I take it !
With all my thanks and my eternal gratitude for your help :)
Fiona - Carp Effect
PS : Sorry for my English, it's not my mother tongue ! Hope you can understand me anyway ;)