FORUMS

Top Earners This Week
1
natalyarogova Points: 914
2
nadejdamoiseeva Points: 914
3
shiryaevaelena Points: 909
4
ivanovamariya Points: 909
5
yanaryabova Points: 909
6
jannaafanaseva Points: 908
7
belovavera Points: 904
8
Pingley Points: 544
9
bobylevalarisa Points: 533
10
fsck.afs Points: 506

access to Hive

  • 1
hi,new here :) I've got (fixed broken Area 51 m9750) and have a few questions (hope, someone can help me): is any chance to get access to Hive (my Alienware hasen't Dell service tag) and where can I get software/drivers for Windows 7 any help welcome thx in advance
Replies • 9
Lunar
  • 0
I've never actually used it, but as far as I know you should have gotten a card with your computer (I believe it's in the user manual) which has the account number you need to access the Hive. If that isn't it you'll probably have to call them and ask.

  • 0
thanks mate for ur reply, Didn't get user card with my m9750 as I've got is as broken one so need to give them a call :) bte, where can I get BIOS updates (none in download section) and whats the story with support/downloads for Windows 7 (all what I can see is for Win XP and Vista) .... one more thing: does anyone have 'spare' Respawn DVD for m9750. cheers stuff


  • 0
stuffhunter said:

hi,new here :) I've got (fixed broken Area 51 m9750) and have a few questions (hope, someone can help me): is any chance to get access to Hive (my Alienware hasn't Dell service tag) and where can I get software/drivers for Windows 7 any help welcome thx in advance

You don't need a Service Tag to access the downloads (that's but 1 option); you can go by model... http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs (if URL doesn't work just go to dell - drivers & downloads) Select - Choose a Model... and go nuts :-D You should find the new BIOS and some other helpful downloads over there ;)

  • 0
Here I chose - Desktop - AlienWare Desktop - Area-51/Area-51 ALX you have downloads for Win 7 here :-D and the newest BIOS... http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=W764&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=ALW_DT_AREA_51&hidos=BIOSA&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=False&scanConsent=False

  • 0
Memfisto said:

i think u could get softies at their page :S

..nothing there, mate, mean no BIOS updates..drivers for xp and vista only :)

  • 0
EdAlienArena said:

You don't need a Service Tag to access the downloads (that's but 1 option); you can go by model... http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs (if URL doesn't work just go to dell - drivers & downloads) Select - Choose a Model... and go nuts :-D You should find the new BIOS and some other helpful downloads over there ;)

... is no support for pre 9/2009 Alienware laptops on Dell website...

  • 0
EdAlienArena said:

Here I chose - Desktop - AlienWare Desktop - Area-51/Area-51 ALX you have downloads for Win 7 here :-D and the newest BIOS... http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=W764&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=ALW_DT_AREA_51&hidos=BIOSA&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=False&scanConsent=False

...this link is for desktop , not for laptop downloads, mate :)