Looking for a Good 1440p Monitor

Looking for a Good 1440p Monitor

CrowdedSquire

So I'm looking for a 27 inch 1440p 144hz monitor that can support G-Sync. I would like it to be at a reasonable price and not like above $600. Need some recommendations. Thanks.

Replies 11

FrostyVampire

I use Dell S27DG. Got it a few months ago and I'm pretty pleased with it. Only downside is that it has some ghosting effect if you scroll on chrome or something but if you keep the response time on normal (and not fast) it's not very noticeable

You can pick it up for about 500$ or so I think, although I had to pay more for mine because everything is overpriced in Israel

CODEx_Vip3r

I have the same one as FrostyVampire. It’s great. Also I got in on sale for 499.00 and a $100 gift card for Dell.

polart11

nice

warnadokasper

I don't know any specifics. But ASUS and Benq definitely have some high quality monitors. Maybe check them out if you haven't already.

Noxus97S

!

usercar007

I was debating on getting a 1440p 144hz gsync last week and decided to buy the acer xb271hu Abmiprz tn version ($500). I was dreading the ips glow issue. I finally decided to get the tn version since it was cheaper and does not come with the ips lottery. Couldn’t be happier. 0 dead pixels, can’t even tell there is color banding unless I look for it and it was very very minimal. Very little backlight issue. Only thing is color/contrast when watching movies/tv is a little dull, but doesn’t really effect the watching experience unless your super picky about true bright colors.

usercar007

FrostyVampire said:

I use Dell S27DG. Got it a few months ago and I'm pretty pleased with it. Only downside is that it has some ghosting effect if you scroll on chrome or something but if you keep the response time on normal (and not fast) it's not very noticeable

You can pick it up for about 500$ or so I think, although I had to pay more for mine because everything is overpriced in Israel

heard that monitor has a lot of color banding. 

FrostyVampire

usercar007 said:
FrostyVampire said:

heard that monitor has a lot of color banding. 

Even if it's true, I don't seem to notice it really. It has some ghosting issues but if you keep your response time at normal (and don't change it to fast) it's not very noticeable.

maratonac

nice

sinerivali

For $420, the Dell S2716DGR is best.  If you're willing to spend a little more, the BenQ ZOWIE XL2730 is $499 on Amazon right now.  

Good luck!