Alienware Game Arena Boot Camp Qualifier
These rules (“Official Rules”) set forth the rules and regulations of the Alienware Game Arena Boot Camp Qualifier (the “Tournament”) administrated by iGames, Inc. (“Administrator”).
Please read these Official Rules carefully before submitting an entry or participating in the Tournament. These Official Rules contain important information about eligibility to enter the Tournament, the rules of the Tournament and other important information.
By entering the Tournament, you accept these Official Rules and agree to be bound by their terms. If you do not agree with these Official Rules, please do not register for the Tournament.
The Tournament is open only to legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of October 8, 2018 (each a “Player”). Players may be required to show proof of age and residence. For Players under the legal age of majority in their state of residence (which is eighteen (18) in most states but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi), you are required to obtain consent from a parent or legal guardian to participate in the Tournament and the parent or legal guardian may be required to verify the granting of consent and/or sign a release at the discretion of Administrator. IF YOU DO NOT SATISFY THESE REQUIREMENTS, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO REGISTER AND/OR PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST. All Players must have a valid e-mail address and it is Player’s responsibility to update Administrator of any change in their e-mail address. Participation in the Tournament is subject to compliance with the requirements specified below. Employees of Administrator, Dell Corporation, ggCircuit LLC or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production, execution, or distribution of the Tournament and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings, and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three months out of the year) are not eligible.
Participation constitutes Player’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Tournament. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Void where prohibited.
- Tournament Period
The Tournament will open, and stats will be tracked starting October 8, 2018 at 6:00am EDT and end on October 22nd, 2018 at 5:59am EDT (the “Tournament Period”).
- How to Enter the Tournament
Each Player must visit a ggLeap enabled LAN center in the United States (each a “Participating LAN Center”) to enter and compete in the Tournament. A list of Participating LAN Centers can be found at https://www.ggleap.com/locations. Within the ggLeap application at the Participating LAN Centers, Players must complete the Tournament registration form anytime from September 26, 2018 – October 14, 2018 at http://www.ggcircuit.com/aga. All Players will be required to have or create a free Alienware Arena account at www.alienwarearena.com (name, birthdate, email address and country will be required) and agree to these Official Rules. There is an unlimited number of Entrants. Only one Entry is permitted per person. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all Entries submitted by that Entrant invalid. There is no fee to register for the Tournament. Each Player may be required to pay the Participating LAN Center fees associated with computer usage during the Tournament. Any costs associated with travel or other costs related to participation are the responsibility of the Player. Each Player must have a Summoners account.
- Tournament Play
Once a Player has completed the registration process and the Tournament Period has started, Player’s League of Legends game “stats” will be tracked anytime the Player is playing League of Legends at a Participating LAN Center. A running tally of all Players’ stats will be updated in real time and can be viewed at https://na.alienwarearena.com/tournaments/leagues/qEhkh8/alienware-game-arena/bootcamp. Players must complete at least 5 League of Legends games to qualify for a prize.
The Player in each of the following divisions with the best stats at the end of the Tournament Period will be a winner (5 winners total). Players may compete in as few or as many divisions as they choose. The divisions are as follows:
- ADCarry/Mid (2 winners)
Stats and winners are based on the following formulas:
- normalized damage = Total damage dealt to champions / game length in seconds
- normalized damage taken = Total damage taken / game length in seconds
- normalized healing = healing done / game length in seconds
- Carry/Mid - (normalized damage + total minion kills) * KDA
- Jungle - (normalized damage + neutral jungle minion kills (player jungle + enemy jungle)) * KDA
- Support - (normalized damage + normalized healing + total time CC dealt + wards placed) * KDA
- Tank - (normalized damage + normalized damage taken + total time CC dealt) * KDA
Stats are only tracked in the following game modes:
- 'Ranked Solo 5v5'
- 'Ranked Premade 5v5'
- 'Ranked Flex 3v3'
- 'Ranked Team 3v3'
- 'Ranked Team 5v5'
- 'Ranked Dynamic Queue'
- 'Ranked Solo/Duo Queue'
- 'Ranked Flex Summoner's Rift'
For questions related to the Tournament, please email email@example.com.
The top Player in each of the divisions listed above will each be awarded the following prize. All prizes values are in USD.
Each winner will receive a trip to Los Angeles to participate in the AGA Boot Camp held approximately Nov 9, 2018 – Nov 11, 2018 (trip ARV $725) to include
- Round trip economy airfare from the nearest major US airport (as determined by Administrator) to Los Angeles, CA.
- Accommodations for two (2) nights in a double or triple occupancy hotel room in Los Angeles, CA.
- Round trip airport transportation to/from LAX Airport (Los Angeles) to/from the hotel.
- $100 food stipend
Plus, each winner will also receive a trip to Las Vegas to participate in the AGA North America Championship held approximately Nov 30, 2018 – Dec 2, 2018 (trip ARV $560) to include:
- Round trip economy airfare from the nearest major US airport (as determined by Administrator) to Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Accommodations for two (2 nights in a double or triple occupancy hotel room in Las Vegas, NV.
- Round trip airport transportation to/from McCarran International Airport (Las Vegas) to/from the hotel.
- $100 food stipend
Trip Prize Terms and Conditions: Winners must be available to travel to Los Angeles, California between November 9-11, 2018 (exact travel dates and times at the discretion of Administrator) and again to Las Vegas, Nevada between November 30, 2018 and December 2, 2018 (exact travel dates and times at the discretion of Administrator; a valid credit or debit card will be required to guarantee your room on check in; departure airport will be the nearest major airport as determined by Administrator; prize does not include travel to and from the departure airport, personal expenses, incidentals, or food and drink, or any other expenses not expressly stated in these Official Rules; all elements of the Trip Prize are subject to availability; if unavailable, experiences and items of a similar nature and value may be offered; once confirmed, the prize/travel cannot be amended; prize is non-refundable and non-transferable; no cash alternative is available; all travelers will require valid photo ID to travel; any necessary visas or insurance are the responsibility of the winner and companions. Actual retail value of Trip Prize may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations. If the actual value of the Trip Prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. All travel arrangements must be made through the Administrator or Administrator’s designee. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. The winners of a Trip Prize must travel as and when designated by Administrator or the Trip Prize may be forfeited. It is the responsibility of the Trip Prize winner to provide proper documentation (including government issued picture identification). The dates of departure and return are subject to change at Administrator’s sole and absolute discretion. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Administrator reserves the right to structure travel route and select hotels in their sole and absolute discretion. The Trip Prize is subject to seat and hotel availability, as well as Administrator’s terms and conditions generally applicable thereto. If in the judgment of Administrator air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to Trip Prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Administrator’s sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the Trip Prize winner. Administrator shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any Trip Prize-related services or accommodations. Administrator is not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred because of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other prize element except at the sole and absolute discretion of Administrator. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the Trip Prize winner at the time of Trip Prize notification. Trip Prize winners and companion(s) are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Administrator has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Tournament, and those set forth by Administrator’s transportation carrier(s) of choice. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. Transportation carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, and any changes made to either of these will be at the expense of the Trip Prize winner.
General Prize Terms and Conditions: Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Administrator’s sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Administrator’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change and prize provider’s rules and restrictions, and in the event that Administrator is unable to provide the winner with his or her prizes, the Administrator may elect to provide winners with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. Prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether they, in whole or in part, are used. The ARV of the prizes is based on available information provided to Administrator and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winners may be required to provide Administrator with a valid social security number before the prizes will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of winners, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which s/he resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the prizes received. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. Prizes, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. The Tournament Entities are not responsible for and will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen prizes or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach a winner because of an incorrect or changed address. If a winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited, and the Tournament Entities will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. No more than the stated prizes will be awarded. The Tournament Entities are not responsible for and winner will not receive the difference, in any, between the actual value of the prizes at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules or in any Tournament-related correspondence or material. Limit of one (1) prize per person. The total ARV of all prizes awarded in the Tournament is $6,425.
6. Notification of Winners
The winning Players will be notified by mail, phone or e-mail, as determined by Administrator within 10 days of the end of the Tournament’s conclusion. Winners will be required to agree to the Certificate of Eligibility and Release (“Release”), which includes an acceptance of these Official Rules and a release of liability, to the extent permissible by law. Entry into this Tournament constitutes prize winner’s agreement to sign such document. If required by law, the winner will be required to execute all applicable tax releases. The Release and tax release must be provided to Administrator within 5 (five) days of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited. Prize may be awarded to alternate winner or the prize may be forfeited, if any requested document is not returned by the deadline, or if prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable. The prize will be delivered within 45 days of winner being verified. Administrator will not deliver a prize to any person other than the winner. Winner, by entering the Tournament, consents to their name and country being disclosed as indicated below.
7. Use of Information
8. General Release
To the extent permitted by applicable law, Administrator, Dell Corporation, and each of its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, agents and employees will not be responsible for any of the following insofar as they are beyond their reasonable control: (a) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or any other computer and communications related malfunctions or failures; (b) any Tournament disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Administrator with the exception of personal injury or death caused by negligence; or (c) any technical or human error such as typographical, printing, or administrative errors in any materials associated with the Tournament. Unless prohibited by the applicable law, you acknowledge that the prizes will be awarded “as is” and that the Administrator makes no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind, expressed or implied, concerning a prize or regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize.
By entering the Tournament, Players agree that Administrator may obtain Entries that are similar or identical in theme, format or other respects to that submitted by Player. Players expressly waive any and all claims that they may have against Administrator based on any claim that any Entry entered into the Tournament is similar or identical to their Entry. In the event that more than one Entry with similar or identical elements is brought to Administrator’s attention, the first such Entry received will be accepted. Players further agree that Administrator shall not have any liability to Players for any direct, indirect, contributory, vicarious, secondary or other infringement or protection of any copyright in or to Player’s Entry.
9. General Terms
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Tournament and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of California, USA. Each Player agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Tournament or the prize awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Santa Clara County, California, USA, and all Players agree to Santa Clara County as the venue for any legal action without regard to conflict of laws doctrine. Some jurisdictions will not recognize the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Santa Clara County, USA, in which case the above clause on jurisdiction may not apply to you. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Tournament and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys’ or experts’ fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- The Tournament is subject to applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
- Players agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Administrator, which are final and binding in all respects.
- Administrator reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Tournament, or any part thereof, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Administrator's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Tournament, or Administrator otherwise becomes incapable of running the Tournament as planned, as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion. Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Tournament, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Tournament may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Administrator reserves the right to seek damages from any such persons to the fullest extent permitted by law. Administrator’s failure to enforce any terms of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Winners, Rules Request.
For the name and country of the winners, visit https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/News approximately November 19, 2018 – February 18, 2019. To obtain a copy of these rules send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address.
iGames, Inc., 2242 E Riverwalk Drive, Ste 200, Boise, ID 83706.